Californians Against Sexual Exploitation Act (“CASE” Act)
What will the CASE Act ballot initiative do?
- Increase prison terms for human traffickers
- Increase fines for human traffickers, up to $1.5M to fund victim services
- Remove the need to prove force to prosecute sex trafficking of a minor
- Mandate human trafficking training for law enforcement
- Make sex traffickers register as sex offenders
- Require all sex offenders to disclose internet accounts
- Prohibits use of sexual history to impeach or prove criminal liability of trafficked victims
The CASE Act is a joint effort between California Against Slavery and the Safer California Foundation.
December 22, 2011 – An unexpected delay on the petition. Please sign up for email updates to be notified (“register”) of the petition launch. Sign up to volunteer to collect signatures on the petition – check out our calendar of volunteer opportunities (“events”).