COVID-19 has affected everyone in its own particular way in spite of socioeconomic status, gender or ethnicity. It has pulled humanity together in more ways than one and we have seen how Californians have stepped up. Weeks ago we sent out a list of organizations’ needs and several of you responded with gift cards.
We want to thank you! With your gifts, organizations housing or helping survivors have been able to purchase groceries, diapers, beds, and tablets for their kids to attend online classes. With just an email, you can choose which home to sponsor. Here are some that have sent us their requests divided by region:
The Freedom House – Serves San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa and Marin.
Can use Amazon, Safeway and Target.
Send the gift cards to Info@FreedomHouseSF.org
Justice At Last – Serves Santa Clara
Can use Safeway, Uber, Gas, Target They are also assisting with emergency utilities cost and phone bills.
Send the gift cards to firstname.lastname@example.org
Love Never Fails Us – Serves Alameda
One survivor has a baby on the way! They can use Amazon, Walmart or Visa.
Send the Gift Cards to email@example.com
RISE – Can use Target, Amazon, Walmart and they are in need of hotel points
Send the gift cards to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridge Network – Serves Sacramento and Placer
Can use CVS, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Safeway, Uber, and Gas.
Send the gift cards to email@example.com
- Can use Amazon, Food 4 Less, Walmart, Vons grocery gift cards
- Contact Susan@alabasterjarproject.org
Bilateral Safety Corridor Coalition
Children of the Immaculate Heart
- School supplies
- See the list of items needed for adults, minors, and the office
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can use Target (wish list), Amazon (wish list), and Walmart
- New Modest & Casual Summer Clothing for Women (L-2XL)
- New Underwear Packs (S-2XL)
- Flip Flops, Running Shoes
- Ethnic Hair Products
- High-Quality Face Care Products
- Cleaning Supplies
- Backpack Beach Chairs
- Large Beach Towels
- Sunblock Spray
- Pool Chaise Lounges (8)
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Christian Novels
- Family Friendly DVDs (PG-13)
- Women’s Multivitamin Tablets
- Vitamix Blender
- Shark Vacuum
- MacBook Pro for Virtual Classes (2)
- Eero WiFi Extenders
- Twin Bedroom Furniture Sets (3)
- Symmetrical Sectional Couch
- Dining Room Table and Chairs for 8
- Living Room Coffee Table and Side Tables
- Window Screen Replacement
- Front Door Replacement
- Carpet Replacement
- Pool Crack Repair
- Road Repair
- Charcoal Barbeque
- Gift Cards to Walmart, Target, Restaurants, Gas (Full Wish List)
- Contact Kimberly@generatehope.org or (619) 818-4026
- Amazon Wishlist
- Contact Hiddentreasures.email@example.com
iCare San Diego Youth Services
- Food gift cards, arts & crafts materials, health wellness
- Amazon wish list
- Send the gift cards to firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 980-5626
North County Lifeline Project Life
- Gift cards for groceries (Albertsons/Vons/Sprouts),
- Basic laptops for online school
- Uber gift cards for transportation
- Hygiene products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, toothpaste, etc.)
- Cleaning products for apartments (Swiffer, wash rags, cleaning spray, vacuums, brooms, etc.)
- Yoga mats, notebooks, pens, folders, binders, coloring books, puzzle books, books for reading
- Contact email@example.com or 760-509-3443
- Job Openings: Program Director and Shift Leaders
- “Welcome Her Home” launch registry
- Contact Dan@refugeforwomen.org
- Can use Amazon (wish list)
- Send the gift cards to Amy.Vance@usw.salvationarmy.org
- Financial support for hotels
- Transport and rental assistance
- Food and emergency needs
If you are an organization that houses survivors and would like to be listed, please email luz@californiaagainstslavery and we will update this page with your information.
For simplicity, they can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (or donate here) and we will distribute them to service providers OR you can send directly to the organizations in your area.
Your kindness also encourages and uplifts our service providers who are working non-stop in these extraordinary times to continue their exemplary level of care and compassion for survivors. Again thank you for all your help during these difficult times!
If you are interested in upcoming webinars, visit our events page. We have a compilation of webinars hosted by organizations across the country.