- This event has passed.
Human Trafficking: Signs, Myths and Trends
November 13, 2020 @ 6:00 am - 9:00 am$26
Be able to recognize the signs of Human Trafficking. Understand how to provide resources.
About this Event
Human trafficking is a hidden crime as victims rarely come forward to seek help because of language barriers, fear of the human traffickers, and/or fear of law enforcement.
–U.S. Homeland Security
This training is designed to help participants gain a better understanding of contemporary human trafficking and modern-day slavery. Attendees will learn important terminology, the different types of human trafficking that exist, and an understanding of the scope of the problem, both domestically and globally. Also covered will be the physical, emotional, psychological, and trauma experienced by victims of human trafficking and the methods used to recruit and control them. Participants will learn the signs of potential human trafficking behaviors, basic assessment strategies and tools, and the roles that entities such as government, the media, public-facing employees, and culture play in this complex and serious issue.
1. Understand the scope and magnitude of human trafficking, both domestically and internationally.
2. Recognize and articulate the various forms of human trafficking and modern-day slavery that exist.
3. Understand trafficking from the perspective of the victim and the multiple needs of survivors.
4. Learn key terminology associated with human trafficking.
5. Recognize the roles that various disciplines/professionals have to play in anti-trafficking efforts.
6. Gain knowledge of basic assessment tools to recognize the characteristic of human trafficking.